Top Tips for Summer Weddings
Hurray, the Summer has arrived. As we celebrate the arrival of long evenings and Summer Barbecues, we also remember that Summer is one of the most popular times of the year for weddings in Northern Ireland as couples seek to tie the knot in blissful sunshine.
Our events co-ordinator, Mairead Kelly, has put together these top tips to remember when planning your Summer wedding reception.1.Think about alternatives to the traditional tea and coffee reception if it’s going to be warm and sunny. i.e. flavoured iced tea & iced coffee, raspberry and elderflower cordial, ice cream etc.
- Be considerate of your guests when it comes to meal choices. Do you really want a hot soup course and a Turkey and Ham main course if it’s 25+ degrees outside? How about Gazpacho, a Grand Buffet of cold meats, seafood and salads finished off with Eton Mess?
- Evening Buffet options – did someone mention a BBQ? Mini burgers & sausages, duck pitas and chicken kebabs. These will go down a treat with guests and they can even hold onto them whilst strutting their moves on the dance floor.
- Naked wedding cakes – I don’t need to say anymore!
- Provide toiletry baskets with lotions and potions for your guests to freshen up. Sun cream too!
- Consider photography location carefully to allow shade for photos as a sunny day is not always a photographers dream.
- Wedding attire – keep it light and airy. No groom wants to be wearing a woolen suit in July!
- Ensure your venue has air conditioning.
The Everglades Hotel is one of the most popular venues for weddings in the Maiden City. Located just minutes from the city centre on the banks of the River Foyle, we are home to the largest ballroom in the North West. We can host celebrations with 4 guests rights through to 400 friends and family and the venue can be specifically tailored to meet your requirements.
These photographs offer just a hint of how your big day at the Everglades Hotel might look.
Our team of specialists are ready now to help you start planning your special day. For further information get in touch with Mairead now on 028 7132 1066 or email email@example.com